Skilled Immigration in New Zealand
The Skilled Migrant Category which is designed to attract skilled workers and professionals who have several years of experience to live and work in New Zealand. The Candidate will see their Expression Of Interest accepted and be Invited To Apply (ITA) for residence if they meet at least 160 points, the pointing system is based on factors such as age, work experience, your qualifications, and an offer of skilled employment. You must also be aged 55 or under, and meet English language, health, and character requirements.
How does it work?
- First, you should check your qualifications regarding the pointing system requirements submit your expression of interest (EOI): The first step of your residence process is to complete an online application, showing an interest in applying for residence in New Zealand. In your online Expression of Interest, you will claim points for your qualifications, work experience, age etc. before submitting it to Immigration New Zealand. All Expressions of Interest received will be ranked from highest to lowest points and placed into a Pool.
- The main applicant will receive an invitation to apply: Find out how many points were required for recent EOIs to be successful and compare previous selection results. How many points will you be able to claim in your Expression of Interest?
- Submit resident application: At the start of this second stage of the application process, your Application for a Resident Visa will lodge with Immigration New Zealand. You will have to provide evidence for the point claims made in your Expression of Interest by submitting all relevant documentation in the prescribed format. Immigration New Zealand will then assess your application against Government residence policy. They will also look at your potential to settle successfully and make a real contribution to New Zealand's social and economic development. The assessment against settlement and contribution requirements will take into consideration the application as a whole, including information, gained an interview, if an interview is conducted. Depending on how well you are able to demonstrate your ability or potential to successfully settle in New Zealand.
- The main applicant then will receive his/her visa: Depending on how well you are able to demonstrate your ability or potential to successfully settle in New Zealand, your application may be approved and you will be granted a Resident Visa, or you may instead be granted a Work Visa, which will enable you to establish yourself in skilled employment in New Zealand, or your application may be declined.
With this visa you can:
- Live, work and study in New Zealand.
- Include your spouse and your dependent children aged 24 and below in your resident application.
The minimum requirements of the skilled migrant’s category:
- The main applicant should have a minimum standard in health.
- Must have a good character.
- Proven English capabilities.
- Age limits of 56 years old.
- The main applicant must reach minimum points of 100.
Prospective investors can visit our website to know more about investment opportunities, for Canada investment and skilled program, Australia investment and skilled program and application requirements and how to get started.